The Only Eyeshadows You Need This Winter - Primark Master Eye Palette

Sunday, December 03, 2017


I fell in love with this eyeshadow palette when I first saw it in Primark and had actually heard many people say that a lot of the shades are dupes of those from MAC, so I knew that I needed to try it. Fast forward a few months and I've thoroughly tested this palette and I'm ready to report back with a detailed review of it, so keep reading to hear all of my thoughts!

The packaging of this eyeshadow is quite simplistic, being made of black and transparent plastic, but I still find it to be quite sturdy, and the gold lettering adds a more lavish detail. I also like the magnetic closure of the palette, and although a mirror would be a useful addition to the lid, I'll compromise as the minimalistic packaging helps to keep the cost down and it's also nice being able to see the eyeshadows at a glance.

I'm never the most adventurous with eyeshadows and often stick to champagne and copper shades that are easy to pull off, but the more daring shades in this palette have really helped to push me out of my comfort zone. The PS Beauty Master Eye Palette contains everything you could possibly want - pale, neutral base shades, warm-toned transitional mattes, and shimmery, eye-catching lid colours. From burnt oranges, frosted cranberries and deep plums, this palette is a gorgeous mix of warm-toned eyeshadows that definitely rivals the likes of the new Urban Decay Naked Heat palette.

Below are swatches of all of the eyeshadows in the palette, with each one just being a single swipe of the product.


All of these eyeshadows apply very easily to the eyes and blending isn't an issue, as this is seamless and requires minimal effort. They also work really well being applied damp for a frosted effect, adding more drama and intensity to the eyes, which was surprising as some eyeshadows start to break up or wash away when you apply them damp. There tends to be a bit of fall-out, particularly with the mattes, but this is definitely manageable and I often do my eyeshadow before foundation to minimise this.

The pigmentation of these eyeshadows really is the star of the show - it's actually insane how much colour payoff there is from just a single swipe, being more than you'd ever expect from such an affordable palette. Even the paler shades, which are often quite sheer or streaky in budget palettes, are still pigmented and much better than you'd presume. The shimmer also translates nicely onto the eyes, giving them a beautiful glistening look that is definitely prominent.


You also wouldn't expect a cheap palette like the PS Beauty Master Eye Palette to have powders that are incredibly soft and buttery in texture, and they truly are a dream to apply. I'd really struggle to fault these eyeshadows, aside from the minor fall-out that you might experience, as they really are wonderful to work with and I can't help but reiterate how outstanding they are coming from a budget palette.

I'm not the best judge of eyeshadow durability, as my oily eyelids mean that most eyeshadows will have disappeared from my lids by the end of the day. However, I do find that these tend to stay in place nicely, and looking in the mirror hours after application proves my eyeshadow to still look good. The shimmer remains visible throughout the day, albeit slightly more faded, which is good as quite often shimmer eyeshadows will wear down easily. They also fade evenly, opposed to becoming patchy or streaky on the eyes, meaning they will still stay flattering throughout the day.

Overall, I'm in love with this eyeshadow palette and I'd highly recommend trying it, especially now that it's winter and the perfect time of year to wear these warm-toned shades. If you've tried it, make sure you let me know your thoughts down in the comments, as I'd love to know how you found it. Thank you very much for reading and I'll see you again next Sunday with a new blog post!

Love from Daisy x

1 comment

  1. Got to be primark catalogue. Me and all my friends are girlguides, so before camp, we all go and stock up on cheap shoes and stuff, because they'll all get ruined before the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete