What I've Been Loving Lately - My Beauty and Lifestyle Favourites

Sunday, November 05, 2017


I hardly ever write monthly favourites posts, simply because I find that I don't try out enough new products on a regular basis, but over the past couple of months, I found quite a few favourites accumulating that I really wanted to share on my blog. There's a mixture of beauty and lifestyle included, so I hope that you enjoy hearing about what I've been loving lately!

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
This foundation has been a favourite of mine for quite some time, and although I finished my tube of it a few months time and started experimenting with other products, I couldn't help but miss wearing it. A repurchase was definitely necessary, as this foundation gives a lightweight yet flawless finish and it's incredibly easy to blend on the skin. Now that it's back in my makeup bag, I've found myself reaching for it every day, as it truly is a wonderful foundation. If you'd like to hear more about this product, then why not check out this blog post where I did an in-depth review of it.

Seventeen Long Lash Mascara
I tend to find a mascara that I love and stick with it until it runs out before trying another, and lately, my mascara of choice has been the Seventeen Long Lash Mascara. As someone who likes their eyelashes to look enhanced without appearing clumpy, this product is right up my street and I reach for it on a daily basis. The brush is also really narrow, which is useful if you have quite small eyes like me, and it allows you ensure that each lash is fully coated.

Essence Camouflage Full Coverage Concealer
As much as I love my holy-grail Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer, it's a bit too heavy for under my eyes and I've recently been searching for a lighter alternative that is still high in coverage. I think that I may have finally found that product, being this Essence concealer. It is extremely brightening and helps to cover my dark-under eye circles without being too thick and creasing, and I've loved trying it out over the past few weeks.

Makeup Revolution Rose Gold Lipstick in Chauffeur 
I've worn this lipstick quite a few times since mentioning it in my Autumnal Superdrug Haul, and I have to say that I really have started to fall in love with it. Although now is the perfect time of year to be embracing berry lipsticks, something like this is much more in my comfort zone and easy to wear on a daily basis. It's definitely comfortable to wear and doesn't accentuate the dry patches on your lips, as well as lasting nicely once applied.

Emporio Armani Diamonds Rose Eau de Toilette
I always have a couple of trusty perfumes that I tend to stick with, but this is the latest addition that I've been wearing non-stop. I love the light, fresh scent of this perfume, particularly with the floral notes coming through, making it extremely wearable and a lovely aroma that lasts well throughout the day. Even the packaging of it is absolutely stunning, making this an all-around beautiful perfume.

The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living by Meik Wiking
It's almost time to embrace the cosiness of winter and the festive period, so I've been getting in the spirit by flicking through this book. Hygge focuses on creating warmth, comfort and togetherness, taking pleasure in the little things in life and having a more optimistic, stripped-back perspective. I've loved reading some of the sections in this book and I'm definitely looking forward to implementing it more into my life as winter arrives.

Peppermint Tea
With the weather getting much colder lately, I've resorted to drinking a lot of teas, especially peppermint tea which is by far my favourite. I know that not a lot of people aren't into herbal teas, but I find them incredibly soothing and also taste very nice. Whether I'm having a chilled out afternoon after doing some work, or if I was doing an ELAT practice paper, peppermint tea has definitely been my drink of choice recently.

Music
I go through phases of being obsessed with Spotify and then never using it, and at the moment I'm definitely in a Spotify mood. Aside from constantly listening to artists like Bastille, Amber Run and Banks, which is pretty much guaranteed for me, I've also been listening to quite a few songs from Dermot Kennedy and Dean Lewis, loving both. I've definitely listened to music a lot more than podcasts this month, with songs like The Anchor and Warmth being frequent listens.



I hope that you enjoyed hearing about what products I've been loving lately, and please let me know if you'd like to see more blog posts in this style or if you'd prefer me to write monthly favourites posts instead. Thank you very much for reading and I'll see you next Sunday with a new blog post!

Love from Daisy x

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete