My Summer Travel Necessities- Beauty, Skincare and Hair Essentials

Sunday, August 06, 2017

summer travel essentials beauty skincare body and hair

If you follow me on social media then you'll know that I spent the past 2 and a half weeks in Spain, and I had such a wonderful time on holiday. Since summer is still upon us, although the British weather right now suggests otherwise, and many people will be going on holiday in the upcoming month, I wanted to bring you some travel-related content. If you're unsure of what is essential to pack for skincare, makeup, hair and body, then this post has got you covered with all of my holiday necessities.


BODY

If there's one thing you need to take on holiday with you then it's sun cream, as it's important to protect your skin from burning and becoming damaged. There are many available, but I personally really like the Lacura Factor 30 Refreshing Sun Spray, as it has a 5 star UVA rating, so you can guarantee that your skin is protected, and the spray makes it much easier to apply than a cream product yet doesn't have a greasy finish.

A razor is definitely a travel essential, and the Gilette Venus Snap Razor is the most travel-friendly one I've found. The convenient compact makes this razor portable, and it's not floating around loose amongst all of your toiletries, and the small size makes it much more efficient for packing. This also leaves my legs feeling incredibly smooth and moisturised, so I'd definitely recommend it.

I placed a roll on deodorant in my hand luggage, which obviously goes without saying as it's an essential, especially as the hot weather means you often get sweaty and this is ideal for a quick freshen up. I also packed some miniature perfume samples so that I could smell nice without taking a perfume that would take up a lot of room and be quite fragile.


SKINCARE

On holiday last year, I found that my face and neck broke out terribly with spots, so this year it was my priority to prevent this by using a trusty cleanser to keep my skin extremely clean and nourished. I decanted some of the Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter into some small tubs to travel with, which has been my go-to lately as it melts off your makeup incredibly easily and leaves your skin feeling thoroughly cleansed and purified.

I obviously couldn't travel without a spot cream, and so the Acnecide Spot Cream was also an essential to take with me, as this clears up my blemishes better than everything else I've tried and helps to prevent any further breakouts. I'd be careful with using this, however, as it's not supposed to be applied when in contact with the sun, so make sure you wash it off your skin of a morning.

I thought that my blemish breakout from last year may be due to the oiliness of the sun cream I was using, so I purchased a facial cream to help specifically with this. The Soltan Dry Touch SPF 30 Face Cream is ideal as it's non-comedogenic, meaning it doesn't clog my pores, and it has a non-oily, mattifying finish. It's light texture meant it wasn't too heavy on my skin, and I'll also be able to use this under foundation when we have hotter days at home.


MAKEUP

I don't tend to wear makeup on holiday, as after wearing it every day for college it's nice to give my skin a break. Plus, constantly swimming, paddling in the sea and sweating from the heat means that any makeup I did apply wouldn't stay on for long, so I usually just go without.

However, if we're going out for the day or of an evening then I'd definitely want to wear some mascara, with my product of choice being the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. This adds volume to your lashes like you wouldn't believe, and since I own it in a miniature size it's perfect for travelling with.

A translucent powder is an essential for me to reduce that sweat-induced shine whilst still having a glow. My go-to has been the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil for years now, as it mattifies my skin and reduces the oily appearance, yet I still look glowy and sun kissed. Yet again, my sample size of this product means it doesn't take up too much room in your hand luggage.

My only other makeup essential while I'm on holiday is a trusty lip balm. I always feel as though the sun dries out my lips and they're left feeling sore and chapped by the end of the holiday, so a lip balm is necessary. This year, I travelled with the Balmi Rose Berry Lip Balm, as I love it's nourishing yet glossy finish, but any that works best for you will do.


HAIR

As someone with extremely long hair, it's prone to being damaged and dry at the ends, and the sun definitely doesn't help this. Hair care was definitely a high priority of mine while on holiday, with a hair protector spray being crucial for daily application to prevent any further damage to my hair. The Avon Sun-Light Spray is a great example of this, having a UV filter to protect my hair from the harsh sunlight.

I also applied argan oil daily to nourish my hair and ensure that it remains in good condition, being healthy and strong. Avon's Nourishing Hair Serum contains Moroccan argan oil, helping to make your hair appear smooth, soft and shiny, opposed to frizzy or dry at the ends like you'd expect after it's been in the sun all day.



I hope that this blog post was helpful if you're going on holiday and don't know what to pack, and I'd love to know if you have any other travel essentials that aren't included in this post. Thank you very much for reading it and I'll actually be back on Wednesday with an extra blog post, which is in collaboration with Seventeen Cosmetics, so if you'd like to hear my tips and hacks for summer makeup then make sure to come back then!

Love from Daisy x

1 comment

  1. This is so helpful, I'm always forgetting something when I go away which isn't ideal! I have long hair too, and that spray sounds so good xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete