Cosy Christmassy Evening Routine

Sunday, December 25, 2016


Merry Christmas everyone! I can't believe that it's finally here after weeks of anticipation and I've honestly had such a wonderful and festive day. The Christmas period is probably my favourite time of the year and so I really try to make the most of it when it arrives, not just on the 25th but throughout December. It's the perfect opportunity to get cosy, pamper yourself and feel the festive spirit, so I do everything possible to instil this in my evenings. I thought it'd be nice to share my Christmassy evening routine with you, so I hope you like this post.

The first step to my festive evening routine is getting a nice, warm bath. This is a great way to feel cosy, particularly if you've been out in the cold all day, and never fails to leave me feeling relaxed. If you want to go all-out then why not treat yourself to a festive bath bomb and candles to create the ultimate Christmassy atmosphere. I also like to take this opportunity to check my phone, read a book or listen to some Christmas music to entertain me.

It's important to give my skin a thorough cleanse and take off my makeup using the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. This removes any traces of makeup, leaving my skin feeling fresh and gleaming, and I also find that it helps to prevent any spots. If you'd like an in-depth review of this product then you can find that here. I follow up this by toning and moisturising my skin to ensure it's in good condition and protected from the brutal winter weather.

I then like to get cosy and change into my pyjamas. I love wearing my fluffiest ones at this time of year, as it's freezing in December and so they make me feel very cosy and comfortable. Making a hot water bottle is also a nice addition to make me warm, although usually my dog wants is just as much as I do! Once adorned with plenty of blankets and cushions, thus making me incredibly comfortable, the rest of my evening can begin.

Watching Christmas films is a necessity for me throughout December, as it really helps me to get into the festive spirit and I'm actually a huge fan of Christmas films, so I have to watch as many as possible. I personally like to save my favourites until it's very close to Christmas, so it's usually either Elf, Home Alone or The Polar Express that I'll be watching on this day. Whichever one I decide on, you can guarantee that I'll be snacking on chocolates and drinking peppermint tea throughout - the perfect evening snack.

I also spend most of the evening browsing through the Internet on my laptop and phone. I love going through all of the festive posts on Bloglovin and Instagram, as well as chatting to my blogger friends on Twitter, so I spend a lot of my night doing this. Many of my favourite Youtubers also do Vlogmas, so I ensure that I have time to watch all of these throughout the evening.

I like to finish off my evening by reading a book, simply because this is routine for me and helps me get to sleep easily. I love feeling all cosy in bed with a good book, and so this is something I make sure to do on the cold winter evenings. If you're looking for a festive read then I'd definitely recommend What Light by Jay Asher, which I reviewed last week, or My True Love Gave To Me by Stephanie Perkins, as both are incredibly enjoyable novels that put me in a festive mood.

I hope you enjoyed hearing about my festive evening and once again, I'd like to wish you a very Merry Christmas. Thanks for reading this post, I hope you've had a wonderful day and I'll see you next Sunday with a new post.

Love from Daisy x

2 comments

  1. Thank you for all your good wishes and merry xmas to you too!

    http://beristenbul.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and I hope you had a lovely Christmas! x

      Delete